Mecury Filling Removal
Dental amalgam is made up primarily of mercury, as well as silver and small quantities of metal (tin, copper, zinc, palladium and indium). Mercury is a toxic and hazardous substance. There is no doubt that some mercury gets out of dental amalgam fillings and is absorbed by the body.
Your dental health will impact on your general health. Mercury from amalgam fillings has been implicated as a possible cause of Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, IBS, reproductive disorders, allergies, and a variety of other illnesses. It can also have adverse effects during pregnancy and mercury can be passed to infants from breast milk.
The safe removal of mercury amalgam fillings eliminates or reduces by 80% the classic mercury poisoning symptoms. In many cases, it may take 6 to 12 months after removing a mercury amalgam filling for the symptoms to disappear.
The first large-scale study of mercury and its adverse reactions was recently completed. It showed that of the symptoms looked at, there was a link to gastrointestinal problems, sleep disturbances, concentration problems, memory disturbances, lack of initiative, restlessness, bleeding gums and other oral health disorders.
Gum chewing, grinding of teeth/bruxism, computer terminal exposure, teeth brushing, braces, and chewing cause the release of significantly increased amounts of mercury from the amalgam fillings. Mercury released from fillings builds up in the brain, pituitary glands, adrenals, and other areas of the body.
There are many safe alternatives that can be used in place of dental amalgam. At Sydney City Dental, our centre uses white/tooth coloured dental filling material that are accepted and approved by the Australian Dental Association. Not only do they restore your smile so it looks natural, they are also safer for you.
Website Design by SiteSuite